Senior Java Engineer (Fully Remote)
WHO WE ARE
We are a healthcare technology services company helping our clients build world-class products. We’re proud that our first client is still our client. We trust our teams to deliver without constantly watching over their shoulders. And we have employees who have been with us for more than 15 years.
We are looking for a talented Java Engineer to contribute to the success of one of the world’s biggest insurance companies. The right person will have a strong combination of problem-solving, technical passion and communication excellence. You will be working on a cross-continent and cross-functional team. Successful topic fulfillment on one product will provide the opportunity to carry know-how to the rest of the client’s products, some of which are to be written from scratch.
IF YOU WOULD
- Be responsible for delivering high-quality solutions to our customers;
- Share knowledge and ideas with team members of vast technical backgrounds;
- Use best practices in all stages of the product lifecycle;
- Work in a team of bright, forward-thinking and cooperative people.
AND YOU ARE:
- With 4+ years of proven development success;
- Experienced in Java 8+;
- Knowledgeable in Spring framework, Spring Boot, Spring Data, Hibernate, JPA, REST, Micro Services, JUnit, Apache Camel, Gradle and MSSQL;
- Passionate – You search relentlessly for the right solution and would like to work with equally passionate people;
- Humble – Focused more on the team than yourself; ability to disagree but commit to others‘ ideas;
- Hungry – Having a strong work ethic, determined to solve problems and get things done;
- Smart – Intellectually, with an eagerness to learn; but also, emotionally, recognizing team dynamics;
- Fluent in English.
- Deep knowledge in any subset of the Java EE stack;
- Some experience with Redis, ElasticSearch and Docker;
- Passion for functional coding in the Java realm;
- Experience in concurrency or security optimizations;
- Collaborated with experienced QAs/DevOps to drive the CI/CD topic.
LIKE TO OFFER
- A competitive remuneration package;
- Friendly work environment and nice attitude;
- Work-life balance;
- Opportunities for career development in an international company.
Why We Do It? We care.
At OSI, we care about our clients, we care about each other, and we care about producing great software.
CLIENTS — We admit that the organization we most want to see succeed is our own. But we’ll quickly acknowledge that we can’t win unless our clients win. There’s no way around this symbiotic relationship. Fortunately, at OSI, we genuinely love to see our partners have breakthroughs in top-line growth, innovation and efficiency.
TEAM — If you’ve ever experienced the excitement that comes from being part a high-functioning team, you’ll understand why people matter. Trust. Accountability. Purpose. Self-confidence. These are all part of that exhilaration, but the whole is more than the sum of its parts. Great teams can get you through the tough times and can unlock greater potential than a group of individual contributors ever will.
PEOPLE – We care about individuals and humankind. That’s why we invest in talent and push people to do their best work. That’s also why we have given colleagues help when they’ve encountered personal crises; paid for surgeries people couldn’t afford; funded capital improvements and arts projects to improve our communities; and closed the office to attend colleagues’ weddings.
SOFTWARE – We care about the code that we write. We take pride in it. We constantly try to improve on it. We adopt best practices when they suit us. We geek out over data and make it work for us. We are not afraid to try the latest & greatest and to support the last year’s. We are ready to make mistakes and learn from them. We know that building great software requires a lot from us and we committed to it.
If this sounds like you and we look like the kind of people that you would like to work with simply reach out to us with your CV in English and anything else, you are proud of.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.